Love this. Very similar to stuff I did in college and after.
Public Service Broadcast - Spitfire
My new favourite band, Public Service Broadcast take the raw material of old public broadcast films, mainly from WW2, and build marvellous compulsive music around them and then edit it all brilliantly to the old film stock to make equally great videos. Probably their best composition is Spitfire where they take samples of dialogue from a 1942 film called The First of the Few (Spitfire in the US) with the wonderful plummy tones of Leslie Howard and integrate them into a hypnotic krautrock-inspired groove. Honestly, I can’t stop listening to this.
- sinawalicaveman reblogged this from unseenpowerofthepicketfence
- unseenpowerofthepicketfence reblogged this from secretcinema1 and added:
- q-mcat likes this
- aliceteeple likes this
- aliceteeple reblogged this from unseenpowerofthepicketfence and added:
- gotterdammerung-utopia likes this
- lesliehowardforever reblogged this from unseenpowerofthepicketfence
- lesliehowardforever likes this
- unseenpowerofthepicketfence posted this